Thursday, April 30, 2020

What's something about God that comforts you?

Isaiah 41:10 NLT: 10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

As I think about the question "What's something about God that comforts you?" I am taken back to when I was a child. What were the things that comforted me when I was little? I can honestly say when my parents would pick me. There was something about being wrapped up in their loving arms that was very comforting especially when I was upset.

Fast forward to today. I am no longer that little child that my parents could pick up and comfort. Today, a good hug is always good.

It is those same feelings of being picked up as a child or getting a hug today that remind me of the comfort that we get from God. Granted He does not physically pick us up or give us a hug, but He is able to comfort us in other ways.

One of the ways that God comforts us is by the relationships that He puts us in. The people He surrounds us with. Now this may be family, or friends, or that special person that God has placed in your life. For me, God has brought me an immense comfort through my wife. She has shown me what godly love truly is. I am not perfect, but my wife loves me unconditionally. The love that my wife has for me is just as Paul describes it in 1st Corinthians 13. Her love for me is patient and kind. She is not jealous, or boastful, or rude. She keeps no records of my wrongs. Her love for me never gives up, it never loses faith, and I always see the hope in her eyes through whatever circumstance were going through.

So, my answer to the question for today of "What's something about God that comforts me?", that would be His incredible love for me.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love you more and more every day. ❤️ I am so blessed to have you in my life. God is so good to us. You comfort me too. ❤️