Friday, August 11, 2006

Is it ok to mock Christianity? I think that we need to be able to laugh at ourselves, but I do not think that we should be creating so-called entertainment in order to do it. If we do something that is funny, go ahead, laugh. By making movies, television shows, etc. that have a constant theme of mocking Christianity or that show that sins are ok we are little by little creating an atmosphere that condones that type of behavior.
Let me know what you think.
Because of Him,
Terry

2 comments:

Russell Smith said...

Terry,
Good question about Talladega -- from teh commercials it seems like a gentle fun poking. But I haven't seen it yet. Let me know what you think.

Russell

Terry said...

Hi Russell,

I have not yet seen Talledega either. What I am concerned about is the general theme of movies, television shows, and even toys (see my latest post, Too much too soon The Courier-Mail)continues to degrade over time and that sooner or later we are going to have to draw a line in the sand, preferrably sooner.

Because of Him ~ Terry