Monday, August 07, 2006

Not All Teens Take Driving Test For License

This article caused me to think about when I got my license. I took driver's ed through the Clarion Community High School and got my certificate. Needless to say I had no idea until it was too late that it would count against my GPA. I walked the two blocks from my parents house, took my written examination which was not on a computer, had my picture taken, and was then licensed by the State of Iowa to drive.

After reading this article it concerns me that there is so little driving time for teens. My parents took every opportunity to let me and my little brother drive so we had lots of practice. I doubt that was the case for our a lot of our peers and I would be willing to bet that with the type of schedules families have now that those who get the type of practice I did is even less.
I pray that our state legislators and the DOT get a solid system in place.

Because of Him,

Terry

No comments: