Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Working for the Lord

Working for the Lord

We all had dreams growing up of what we wanted to be. Some wanted to be doctors, teachers and lawyers. Some wanted to work for the police or fire departments. Others wanted to be farmers or engineers. Some of us loved it those dreams. Some of us did not. Many people love what they do, many do not. The reasons for why and why not vary greatly. 

People, regardless of what they do, can get bored with their jobs. They get stuck in routines and they begin to wonder why they do what they do. They have lost their passion, their drive. If asked, I would raise my hand in the so called been there, done that club. For me it was Paul's words to the Colossians that help snap me out of it:

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
Colossians 3:23‭-‬24 NLT

When I realized this truth, I got it. No matter what I was doing, if I did it with the mindset of doing it for God, He would open my eyes to see how I could serve Him. I'm working to honor God, things started happening. The first was that I was re-energized to do my job. Then I started seeing how I could be His light in my workplace. Good had me right where He needed me and He, as always, had a plan.

Let's think about this. Jesus did everything with excellence. He did everything for the Lord. Read what is written in Mark 7:37 - They were completely amazed and said again and again, “Everything he does is wonderful. He even makes the deaf to hear and gives speech to those who cannot speak.”

If we are to be like Christ, we need to do the same as He did. This goes beyond work and covers every aspect of our lives. Are there areas in your life where you fall short? I would be lying if I told youi did not fall short. Even so, I keep striving to honor God in everything I do. Are you?

No comments: