Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nearly All Sodas Sales to Schools to End - CBS News

Nearly All Sodas Sales to Schools to End - CBS News
Say what you will about President Bill Clinton, but I have to give the William J. Clinton Foundation good marks for partnering with the American Heart Association to get this deal done. The major players in the soft drink industry are on board.

This was going to happen sooner or later as state legislatures and local school boards put restrictions on the sale of soda.

Will this stop childhood obesity ... probably not, but it should slow it down in the short run. This is more about modifying behaviors. When I was youth (and not it was not the stone age as some of the youth group members might suggest) pop was a treat, not an everyday beverage.

Yes, I drink my Diet Mountain Dew every day. It is time for me to take a look at cutting down too.

No comments: