Monday, May 18, 2020

Full of scattered thoughts?

How often through the course of the day do you feel like your mind is racing? So many things to think about and do. How many of you have an organizer of some type?

I have spent more money than I care to admit on trying to stay organized. Some of it had been to organize the "stuff" we have. We have boxes, shelves, tubs, and at one time a storage unit. All to manage stuff.

Then there were the calendars. Those were followed by the fancy and sometimes expensive organizers with places for calendars, notes, to do lists, and sections I never used. 

Then, being the geeky type that I am, came the digital organizers. The thing is, no matter what tool I chose it eventually got set aside for one reason or another. No matter how hard I tried, I struggled to stay organized. This just added to my jumbled thoughts. "So much to do and so little time to do it." 

My priorities were misplaced. I was looking to myself and the world to guide me through life. It damaged friendships, relationships, and even jobs. I didn't have peace. I wasn't grounded. I was floundering through life. That is where today's verse comes in:

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! - Isaiah 26:3 NLT

I found my way back to God. I began reading and then studying the Scriptures. I was reminded of God's love for me. I found peace in His Word. That peace came from trusting in God, in focusing my thoughts on Him. It wasn't until then that I was able to start getting the rest of my life organized. As time goes on the scattered thoughts go away. I am able to focus. Another gift from God when we trust Him.

No comments: