Sunday, May 03, 2020

What's a next step you need to take?

That is why the Lord says, “Turn to me now, while there is time. Give me your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning.
Joel 2:12 NLT

Our time here is not infinite. Eventually our lives will end. That is certainly a thought that is none too pleasant for us to think about. If you are like me, you may be thinking my life can't end yet, I have so much to do. 

When I lived end, then what? As much as I do not want to admit it, life for others will go on. Family and friends will miss you, but their lives will continue. This can be a harsh reality for us. It wasn't all that long ago that I considered myself invincible. I lived life as if it would not end anytime soon.

The reality is we have no idea when life will end. All those things still on your bucket list will be left undone. In the Scripture above the Lord speaks to us with urgency. In it, the Lord says, “Turn to me now, while there is time. Give me your hearts." (
Joel 2:12 NLT)

"While there is still time." Good wants us to spend eternity with Him. He doesn't want you to miss out. If we do not turn to Him before we die, it will be too late. 

I have heard more than once people's reasons for not believing. "There Bible is just a bunch of fairy tales." "If God is so good, then why is there so much evil in the world?" "Why would God let people die like that?" These questions along with many others will always be asked. Then there are all the different theories that people come up with.

The thing is, God does love us. He does see us. We do matter to Him. We live in fallen world. Not one He created. The world God created was perfect. Then sin entered the world. So what did or loving Father in Heaven do? He sent His Son to die for our sons so we could be righteous in His eyes. So that when our time here on Earth was over we could spend eternity with Him.

If you already have a relationship with Jesus, I challenge you to visibly live out your faith, not because you can earn your way to heaven. No, live out your faith so that others can see the hope that you have. The love that is yours from the Father. 

If you do not have a relationship with Jesus, believe me when I tell you that it is the best decision you will ever make. If you want to know more, let me know because I want to spend eternity in Heaven not only with God, but I want to see you there too!

No comments: