Saturday, May 09, 2020

Want to change?

And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.
Ezekiel 36:26 NLT
 
The experts say it takes 21 days to develop a habit. I recently started to blog again. I was shocked to see that I had not written anything for my blood in almost 2 ½ years. That is a long time. I working on developing a new habit that will help me to grow in my faith.

That is why I blog. I'm doing it to strengthen my relationship with God. It makes me think about His words to us. By writing down my thoughts I'm sending more time with God. I'm not just reading words from the Bible. For me it means spending more time with my Creator. 

I touched on this yesterday too. By spending more time in the Word, I am strengthening my relationship. I am communicating with God.  I am getting to know my Father in Heaven. In doing this I’m allowing the Holy Spirit to work in me and through me. I'm opening myself up to God so He can take my stony, stubborn heart and give me a tender, responsive heart.

That is my prayer for you as well. If you don’t have a relationship with Jesus, I pray that God will soften your heart to be willing to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. If you do have a relationship with Him, then I pray that He continues to soften your heart so your relationship will continue to grow.

I also pray that my thoughts will help spark a conversation between you and God too.

No comments: