Thursday, May 07, 2020

Never, ever stop praying


1 Thessalonians 5:17 NLTNever stop praying.

Now I will not be asking for a show of hands, but how many of you would like a better, more consistent life of prayer? Take a moment and think about your prayer life. When do you pray? What do you pray for?

Do you shy away from prayer because you do not know what to say? It is simply a conversation between you and God. Will you always have the right words, probably not. Will you always hear an answer? You will. You just might not like the answer. Sometimes you may have to wait awhile before you hear an answer. It may be in that time of waiting that God is preparing you for the answer.

So why should we pray and never stop? We are called by the Scriptures to pray. God gave us the example of what our prayer life should be in His Son Jesus. Jesus prayed all the time. He did it to stay connected to the Father. It strengthened their relationship. Relationships, if they are to last must have communication. Communication builds relationships, without it, relationships crumble. You made a commitment to Jesus to follow Him. Grow that relationship by praying.

Prayer prepares me for the day. It strengthens me for the things that are ahead of me. Satan comes at us in the spiritual realm. This reminds me of Ephesians 6:10-12:

10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

By strengthening myself in prayer each day and through out the day I am resting in God’s mighty power. Because of this I am able to take on any temptation. I am able to do what God has created me to do. I am able to be bold in the name of Jesus.

Will you be bold with me? Will you commit to talking to the Father every day? If you do, I promise your life will change. More importantly, so will your eternity.

No comments: