Tuesday, May 05, 2020

What is something you are trusting God for?


I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
Psalms 130:5 NLT



The beginning of Psalm 130 has the Psalmist crying out to God in prayer. The Psalmist also realizes that we could not survive without the Lord’s forgiveness. So, in verse 5, the NLT says, “I am counting on the Lord” while other translations say, “I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits.” Regardless of the translation, we have to put our trust and hope in the Lord.

We have to trust that God will answer our prayers. We also have to trust in the answer. It could be yes, no, or it could be silence. It is easy is the answer is yes.

If the answer is no that is harder. I may or may not be guilty of trying to reason with God as to why He should change His answer to yes. We all know that we know better than God, right? Why do we do that? God certainly knows better than I do of what I need. When I look back at all the times that God has said no to me, I can usually see why. When I still do not understand why, I count on the Lord, I trust in Him enough to know that “no” was the right answer. I definitely need to get better at accepting the answer when it is no.

Now when He is silent we have a tendency to wonder what happened to Him. Why is he ignoring us? In our prayers we may even ask Him if He cares. Well that is a silly question. Of course God cares. He has a reason for being silent. I look at those times as times of learning. As times where I really do have to put my trust in Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us to Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Sometimes I believe God is teaching me patience when He is silent. He is teaching me trust. He is reminding me of where my hope comes from. He is showing me love.

To answer the question for today, I am trusting God to continue to teach me, to care for me, to show me what it is He wants me to do, and to love me. Why? Because since I quit being a part-time Christian and began living my life for Him, I have changed. I see the good things in life. I am enjoying life more. I have a hope beyond this world. That is what I am trusting God for.

No comments: